- RTO stands for Regional Transport Office, also known as RTA (Regional Transport Authority). RTOs are found in every state and union territory. The RTO is responsible for carrying out the functions and activities of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. It is a government body which ensures that all the provisions of this Central Act have been implemented in their territories. It ensures that all vehicles on the road comply with the law. For example, all vehicles on the road must have third-party insurance. It also maintains all vehicle and driver databases in various states and union territories.
- RTO, whenever you talk about driving your vehicle or buying a new vehicle, you have all heard the word. Those who have applied for their driving license at some point have definitely faced the RTO. The RTO is also responsible for giving you ownership of the vehicle. The RTO is responsible for registering vehicles and issuing driver’s licenses.
- According to the Motor Vehicle Act, a brand new vehicle must be registered with the concerned RTO office. When you buy a car, RTO registration is taken care of by the dealer. The total price shown by the vehicle dealers usually includes the RTO registration charge. The dealership completes the registration process without the vehicle owner visiting the RTO office. However, if you do not want the dealer involved, you can register the vehicle yourself.
Types of Vehicle Registration at RTO
Vehicles can be registered in RTO in two approaches:
Temporary vehicle registration
- Vehicle dealers difficulty temporary automobile registration whilst you buy a new motor vehicle. With this permit, you could use the brand new automobile for the primary seven days from the date of delivery of the vehicle and feature an extension of up to at least one month. After this, you (vehicle owner) have to buy a everlasting car registration permit.
Permanent vehicle registration
- The buy of any new vehicle should have a valid vehicle registration certificates issued by way of the RTO. It may be received via submitting the required documents associated with you (vehicle owner) and the motor automobile.
How to check car owner details?
One of the primary and most important requirements, specifically throughout a hit-and-run situation, is the identity of the vehicle. In this situation, it is the automobile registration wide variety. Even when you have controlled to get the information of the car’s number plate, you could not recognise the proprietor’s information. Or, in case you are planning to shop for a used car or motorbike, you may need to understand your car info
- You see a car rashly brush in opposition to someone on the road but flee the scene in fear of having berated for it.
- Even though you manage to word their registration range, you do now not have any immediately recourse to recognize different information of the car or the driver.
- You sooner or later grow to be at your Regional Transport Office, undergo mammoth documentation and bureaucratic process, in spite of everything of that you manage to find the information you have been seeking out.
Vehicle Registration Details Online:
The procedure to locate vehicle registration information is straightforward and smooth to observe. The Government of India has made it viable for residents to trace motorbike or automobile owner details via registration wide variety on-line. The Centre, thru the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, launched a national registry referred to as VAHAN. It is a primary database of all important details and currently, it has digitized over 28 crore car records or facts.
- The primary goal of the Central Government to launch VAHAN is to centralize all records associated with driving licenses and car registration certificates from the DTOs (District Transport Offices and RTOs – Regional Transport Offices unfold throughout the us of a.
Below is the step-by way of-step method to test car registration details online-enabled via VAHAN:
Step 1: Visit the legit website of VAHAN to test the car owner name.
Step 2: On pinnacle of the web page, click on ‘Know Your Vehicle Details’. (at Top Navigation menu)
Step 3: On the new page, input the automobile registration wide variety (Car or Bike Plate Number).
Step 4: Enter the human verification code and click on ‘Search Vehicle’.
Step five: Make a be aware of the car or motorcycle owner’s name and other information of the automobile
How to check car information?
Type VAHAN automobile’s registration wide variety.
Send it to 7738299899.
Check automobile details on line, you could go to to vahan parivahan internet site https://vahan.Nic.In/nrservices/faces/consumer/login.Xhtml. Now choose menu, click on recognise your automobile details. And input your cell range. Enter automobile variety info and captcha code.